[ale] Computer forensics

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 17:18:37 EDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Mills, John M. <Mills.J at ems-t.com> wrote:
> ALErs -
>
> Very interesting. I wonder where this leaves other types of expert
> witness.
>
> Does an M.D. have to be a P.I. to testify about injuries someone
> received in a fight? Does a P.I. have to be a P.E. to testify about
> computer intrusion?
>
> Hmmm ...
>
> Looks like a question for the Secretary of State's office, G.S.P.E.,
> etc., etc.

The only exception is for Lawyers and "bonafide" legal assistents.

We wrote a letter to each and every state senator about this prior to
the vote, but they were all to busy to look into it.  In the letter we
said to consider the case of a Dr. providing testimony related to a
rape.  The rapist would get off because the evidence was collected
illegally and the doctor would go to jail.

Further we've asked the Attorney General to render an opinion as
relates to Computer Forensics.  Refuses to do so for a non-gov't
agency.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer