[ale] Computer forensics

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 16:16:02 EDT 2006

A LeDonne wrote:
> since it would mean only those who can afford
> PIs can present expert witnesses in trials - which strikes me as a
> pretty clear impediment to a fair trial.

On the whole I agree with the above, I personally feel that there are
far too many "expert" witnesses than educated witnesses.  I think there
needs to be a way to qualify expert witnesses, but a PI license doesn't
necessarily do that (at least my understanding of the PI license).  My
initial interpretation of this new law is that it is an effort to
regulate and control who can testify as an expert witness (which is a
good thing in my opinion), but on second thought it could be an attempt
by a PI lobby group to protect the revenue of their clients.  Follow the
money, follow the money.

-Jim P.