[ale] Small Office Server Distro Recommendation

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 17:17:03 EDT 2006

On 4/21/06, Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > On 4/21/06, Bob Toxen <transam at verysecurelinux.com> wrote:
> >> An advantage of SuSE (if you buy the CDs) is that you get real support.
> >
> > That is a little misleading.  With the $80 CDs you only get install
> > support.  Not very useful for day 2 issues.
>
> Actually, you get 90 days of end-user installation support.

But isn't installation support very narrowly defined.

For instance, if you are having trouble getting Samba to connect with
a WinXP client, I don't think Novell would help you at all as part of
the included installation support.  That is effectively what I was
trying to say by day 2 issues.

I hope they would in the SLES support, but I'm not sure.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group