[ale] Things are looking good for Saturday's Build-In

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 22:12:25 EDT 2006

MythTV Build-In Folks,

Things look promising for a great Build-In. The weather forecast calls for
clouds and rain, so spring fever won't be a factor.

The room is perfect -- large with lots of work space and glassed-in on two
sides with a porch the size of an Arena Football field.

The equipment is great. Thanks to Chris Farris and Emory University we will
have two switches. One to provide wired internet access. Most likely the
other one will be used for network installation. Lots of Cat 5 will be
available. Wireless internet access is also available.

For those wishing to arrive with nothing yet leave with a fully functioning
MythTV machine, the following brand new equipment will be available: pcHDTV,
Incs,  HD3000 cards, Hauppauge winTV PVR-150, (Sorry could not find an
acceptable PVR-350 vendor), three suitable PCs.

Probably the easiest install will result from the project Chris Farris
describes below.

"... I've been working on MythTV as a side project that I'm not quite
ready to announce yet. What I can say is that I've got a PXE-Boot
install of SuSE that will auto install MythTV 0.19 and (hopefully) get
everything to work out of the box.

Anyone who wants to show up with a PXE Bootable box and a Hauppague PVR350
Card can walk away with a complete MythTV Device."

Also,  Fedora Core 4 cds and Jarod Wilson's HowTo will be available.
KnoppMyth ____ cd's and install guide will also be available.

Also, The Electronic Fontier Foundation sent some SWAG.