[ale] Working for Bill

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Apr 20 20:53:56 EDT 2006

aaron wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 11:29, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>> Chris Ricker wrote:

>>> Microsoft's not Apple. If mini-microsoft hasn't been fired by Microsoft
>>> for blogging, no one will be ;-)
>>>
>>> <http://minimsft.blogspot.com/>
>>
>> That's actually rather big of Microsoft then. I'm not sure
>> how smart it is, but I give them points for allowing free
>> speech.
>
> And gee, maybe we should give the convicted corporate criminals points for not
> raping children or not torturing puppies while we're at it.

Hardly a reasonable comparison.

> Free speech is a right guaranteed to all citizens living under the U.S.
> constitution, not some special privilege dispensed by the mercenary lawyers
> of corporape America.  There is nothing "magnanimous" about _not_ attacking
> or violating our freedoms and civil liberties.

Some companies have you sign a document indicating that you will not
discuss company business in such a way.  Thus, you are right, you are
free to say what you will.  You may just have to do it from another job.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin