[ale] Working for Bill

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Apr 20 14:49:11 EDT 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 11:29, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Chris Ricker wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> >
> >> Seems like many large companies were firing people for
> >> blogging about work recently. It got some news coverage
> >> last year I think. Perhaps Microsoft encourages that
> >> sort of thing? But criticizing your employer to the
> >> void seems like a good way to get fired. :) Or has he
> >> since moved on?
> >
> > Microsoft's not Apple. If mini-microsoft hasn't been fired by Microsoft
> > for blogging, no one will be ;-)
> >
> > <http://minimsft.blogspot.com/>
>

> That's actually rather big of Microsoft then. I'm not sure
> how smart it is, but I give them points for allowing free
> speech.

And gee, maybe we should give the convicted corporate criminals points for not
raping children or not torturing puppies while we're at it.

Free speech is a right guaranteed to all citizens living under the U.S.
constitution, not some special privilege dispensed by the mercenary lawyers
of corporape America.  There is nothing "magnanimous" about _not_ attacking
or violating our freedoms and civil liberties.

peace
aaron