[ale] Greetings and introduction

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 16:28:58 EDT 2006

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> Is that actually starting to materialize or something?  Last I knew when
> I was working in Alpharetta is that they weren't going to release it due
> to some legal claims Red Hat was making...

It's available now on w3.  It's called "Linux C4eb" (Client for
E-Business) which is really a base install OS + packages (RH, Debian,
Ubuntu, etc). RH and IBM seem to be on the same page these days,
although I don't have all the inside scoop on past nor present
discussions, etc.

C4eb is getting there... but not ready for "me" just yet.  ;-)  Kudos to
the fine folks spending effort and time on putting it together.

-Jim P.