[ale] KDE/aRtsd?

joh6nn at hotpop.com joh6nn at hotpop.com
Wed Apr 19 11:51:57 EDT 2006

i frequently have trouble with arts, though i don't know that i've ever
run across that particular issue.  often times, i can fix problems i'm
having with arts by forcing it to suspend.  to do this, i open
artscontrol (/usr/bin/artscontrol on my box), open Status from the View
menu, and click the "Suspend Now" button.  This almost always "fixes"
things (eg, sound returns to normal).  when it doesn't, killing and
restarting artsd seems to work well enough.

i've seen reports that KDE is giving very serious thought to abandoning
arts, and i for one welcome our new, functional, sound daemon overlords.

hope that helps,
joh6nn