[ale] MySQL druming up interest in ATL tuning class

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:48:01 EDT 2006

*before anyone takes me to the woodshed for posting this here I am not in
any way affiliated with MySQL (in fact I'm married to an Oracle sales
consultant) nor do I have any financial incentive in filling this class
(well slightly - I am currently scheduled for the 5/22 - 5/25 class in
Raleigh and would rather not have to travel).
*

anyway, I didn't know how many of you are on their maining list(s) so if you
or anyone you know might be interested in this class here (for reasons
similar to mine) please let them know.

Thanks!

*
*

*MySQL Performance Tuning (4 days)
**(Scheduling this training class in Atlanta, GA)*

Thank you for your interest in MySQL. We are pleased to inform you that we
are trying to schedule our popular 4-day training class, *MySQL Performance
Tuning*, in Atlanta, Georgia from June 6-9. But we need your feedback

The cost of the workshop is normally $1,995, but if you register before
April 30, 2006, you will receive a 5% discount. If you register two or more
people you can save an additional 5%, making the final price $1,796 per
person.

After reading the description of the course below, please let me know if you
would attend the class in Atlanta, Georgia on June 6-9.

To let me know, simply email me at rich at mysql.com. Your feedback will help
us make the decision to serve you best.

So, ask yourself these questions.

   - Do you need to manage an increasing amount of data in your MySQL
   applications?
   - Do you want to monitor, diagnose problem areas and tune MySQL for
   optimal performance?
   - Do you want to write queries that take advantage of the MySQL
5.0performance enhancements dealing with queries and indexing?
   - Do you want to evaluate the application architecture for efficient
   design, structure, caching, number of connections and other factors
   affecting performance

Then MySQL Performance Tuning is the class for you! The MySQL Performance
Tuning course is designed for Database Administrators and others who wish to
monitor and tune MySQL. This course will prepare each student with the
skills needed to utilize tools for monitoring, evaluating and tuning.
Students will evaluate the architecture, learn to use the tools, configure
the database for performance, tune application and SQL code, tune the
server, examine the storage engines, assess the application architecture,
and learn general tuning concepts.

Once again, please let me know at rich at mysql.com if you would attend if it
were held in Atlanta, Georgia on June 6-9.

Also, if you would like information regarding commercial licensing, support
services, consulting or other training options feel free to call or email me
directly.

Sincerely,

Rich Kelm
Sales Executive