[ale] rar file, can anything read it on Linux?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Apr 13 19:07:58 EDT 2006

On Thursday 13 April 2006 22:13, J. D. wrote:

> > > man -k convert
> >

> I've seen a lot of fantastic stuff on this list but this one is killer...
> Thanks !
>
> J. D.

The "apropos" command is another path to the same results
for searching man file contents and one that I found early on
in my Linux learning:

"apropos convert"   ==  "man -k convert"

Unfortunately for the person who started this thread,

apropos " rar "
and
apropos convert | grep "rar"

don't produce any man info on command tools that
work with rar files, at least on my systems.

peace
aaron