[ale] Enabling access via SSH

H. A. Story adrin at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 13 11:13:48 EDT 2006

Alan E. Stewart wrote:

>I have enabled SSH access for a colleague to access my Linux machine
>from Colorado.  He can ssh to it, however, he cannot get commands to
>execute.  He reports the machine freezes or becomes non-responsive and
>that he has to kill the ssh to regain access.  He has permission to
>access the directories in which he will be working.  What settings (i.
>e., in users/groups or the firewall) should I examine to enable his
>successfully ssh to the machine.  Thanks,...Alan

I would check the Encryption settings.   If you are using ssh1 and he is
using ssh2.   You will experience this.  Happens to me all the time when
SSHing to a SCO box.   Putting a -1 in the command line will usually
take care of this.   You can also do something like CTRL-J  sane tty
CTRL-J  return return return..  And If I did that right you will get
three prompts

Adrin