[ale] rar file, can anything read it on Linux?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Apr 13 08:58:23 EDT 2006

Dow Hurst wrote:
> Your more likely to find a conversion program from any format to any
> other format under Linux than any other OS!  Except the BSD's probably
> have the same conversion programs available.  A nice way to go looking
> is using the install utilities for your distro.  I use SUSE so I'll
> sometimes open up Yast2, go into the software installation area, and
> just cruise the explanations of programs.  They are able to be viewed in
> groups based on general purpose so it is easy to see what is available
> for System Utilities.  Another way is to use the man command:
>
> man -k convert

This is the thing I love about this list and Linux.  I've been doing
UNIX for over 20 years and yet I'm still learning.  I never knew about
the -k option to man.

Thanks Dow.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin