[ale] stoopid evolution spam filter

Joe Knapka jknapka at Kneuro.net
Wed Apr 12 12:15:03 EDT 2006

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

>Jason Day wrote:
>

>>Have you tried thunderbird?  I wouldn't call it light, but it's
>>certainly not as fat as evolution.
>>

>I'll second that one.  I've tried to use Evolution a number of times,
>and I think that Thunderbird is quite a bit better.  It's easier to
>train in things like Junk mail, works well for massive POP3 mail traffic
>(I'm on several mailing lists), and does newsgroups very well.

I like Thunderbird, too, but I did have a really odd problem with it:
when I added a fourth POP account to my TBird config, it would
very frequently hang when fetching mail.  And not just mail from the
most-recently-added account, either; it hung more or less at random.
When I got rid of a POP account, it started behaving again. I've
since switched back to Mozilla Messenger, because the other
thing about TBird that bugs me is, no "Open link in new tab"
option for links in messages.

-- JK