[ale] SSL Certs for $14.95

Allan Neal allanneal at comcast.net
Wed Apr 5 23:21:00 EDT 2006

I manage the apache servers at my company.  We also host our own DNS.  For the
Cert to work, you hostname you type in and the "ServerName" have to match.
You don't need reverse DNS at all.  We don't publish reverse DNS for many of
our web sites and they are all secured with SSL.

Allan

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:00:46PM -0400, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 20:11 -0300, Grant Robertson wrote:
> > Are you sure about that? I've definitely added host names to a DNS
> > zone that was hosted by earthlink. It was a bit convoluted, and the
> > web tool to change the dns zone was truly awful but, it was available.
>
> I'm not sure but soon I will have control anyway.  I'm moving my
> registration off of Earthlink and allowing Maestro IT to manage my mail
> and web.  I can then add our servers to DNS and then I can get the
> certificates signed and do away with those nasty annoying popup
> messages.

\_|   I count him braver who overcomes   |
  |   his desires than he who conquers   |
  | his enemies; for the hardest victory |
  |      is the victory over self.       |
  |             - Aristotle              |