[ale] Port Number 1228 Florence

John Allgood john at turbocorp.com
Wed Apr 5 14:44:56 EDT 2006

Hello All

    I have a question about Redhat ES 3.0. I started having some issues
on my network I fired up ethereal and noticed from two of  my machines
they were sending traffic on udp port 1228. Which in the /etc/services
file is florence. What in the world is florence. The only thing these
machine have in common is that they are running Redhat Cluster Suite. I
called Redhat and they said nothing they are using uses that port
number. Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks

John Allgood -ESC

--
If you live in a country run by committee, be on the committee.
		-- Graham Summer