[ale] shifting permissions

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:38:10 EDT 2006

simply mount it as yourself instead of as superuser (indicated by the '#' in
the command-line prompt).
plus, if you have HALD running, it ought be mounted for the Desktop owner,
which is you if you log in as the regular joe.
the file owner/group/permission are faked (or best-guessed) on removable
media, esp. if its fs is not a linux-native one.