[ale] KDE Preferences menu removal with Kiosk Admin Tool

ale at jeffx.com ale at jeffx.com
Mon Apr 3 17:45:14 EDT 2006

I am trying to customize a KDE desktop environment on a Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 4 WS machine.  I have had various degrees of success and in order to
make this easily maintainable I am using kiosk admin tool to create the
profile.  The only thing I can no figure out is how to get rid of the
"Preference" and "System Settings" menu items.  I have tried using the
kiosk admin tool, manually hacking at applications.menu and have had no
luck.  Every time I manually modify the applications.menu file I lose
nearly the entire menu.  Kmenueditor, without kiosk admin tool, has the
same problem.

I have tried Google and the ALE archives but either I am looking for the
wrong thing or it just can't be done.  Can anyone offer any assistance on
this?

Regards,
Jeff