[ale] Socket A Processors

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 10:57:38 EST 2006

AMD Athlon XP product information:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_1260_3734%5E11672,00.html
(Pretty table)

According to the "Compare Processor Specifications" link on
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_11599,00.html
all Socket A Semprons have a 333Mhz bus speed and all but one model
have 256K of L2 cache.

I've been dreaming of buying an Athlon XP 3200 the past few days so I
have been reading all of this stuff. That is only reason I said
anything. The Sempron is not a worthwhile investment if you currently
have an Athlon XP. They are not identical unless you opt for the most
expensive one; and then it is only identical to the low end XP.

Unless I missed something, all of the 266Mhz XPs in your second link,
except 1, are MPs (mobile processors). They cut down on some features
to save power (battery life).