[ale] SuSe Newbie Q: Boots with last login active: How do I 'really' lo gout?

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Fri Sep 30 09:05:05 EDT 2005

ALErs -

Getting acquainted with my new laptop SuSe-9.3 and I have a question:

I login as my ordinary-user self, then logout using the K-menu:
 "Logout->Terminate Current Session button. The session ends as expected and
I get the runlevel 5 login screen. No problem. At that point I turn the
computer off either with [CTL][ALT][DEL] or the System screen button.

PROBLEM: When I restart the computer, I'm logged in again! Anyone who
found/stole/turned on my computer would be logged in as me!

QUESTION: How can I set the computer to boot runlevel 5 without reopening
the last login?

TIA.

 - Mills