[ale] SystemRescueCD got only one shot!

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Tue Sep 27 16:56:44 EDT 2005

James -

Thanks for the note.

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of James
To: ale at ale.org
Sumners
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:32 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] SystemRescueCD got only one shot!

JS- SysRescueCD has QtParted :)

That seems to have worked. No observed WinXP problems yet, anyway.

JS- As for the problem. That is really weird. The only thing I can think
JS- of would be to remove PCI cards one by one to see if any of them are
JS- causing the problem.

That's tricky in a laptop!

I'll give the rescue CD another spin when I've partitioned and formatted the
rest of the disk. My plan is to end up with:

 hda1 -- 10 GBy 'ntfs' for the natively installed XP and its apps
 hda2 -- 10 GBy 'vfat32' for common XP and Linux R/W space
 hda3 -- ~19 GBy 'extended' for my Linux installation (not lush, but usable)
 hda4 -- ~1 GBy 'swap' for Linux use

Cheers.
 - Mills