[ale] Local 1U server suppliers

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:54:25 EDT 2005

My roommate's research group at Duke purchased several Penguin Computing
boxes last year and have been getting a lot of use out of them, though
they're 4U, not 1U. Their 1U servers are here:
http://penguincomputing.com/products/servers/altus_opteron_1u_servers.php.
Penguin's not local, but they're pretty popular and have a good reputation.

WMM

On 9/26/05, Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 12:26 -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> >
> > I'm specifically looking at single and dual Xeons with SATA support.
>
> Not local but we are buying from MBX. They advertise in Linux Journal
> and we are _very_ pleased. They know Linux and have setup testbeds to
> help me solve my issues. I doubt Chickity China is going to do that.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s