[ale] POE?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Sep 20 14:10:39 EDT 2005

  Thats why I was wondering if it's a point to point or hub type.  If they
have an MAC-type ID and can be told to only talk to each other then I'd
consider them.  If someone in my neihgborhood can hack that over the
power setup I'll be REALLY damn impressed.  I know the 3 most technical
people in my neighborhood and my 8yr old is #4.

Thus spake Jeff Hubbs (hbbs at comcast.net):

> That is one reason why I've never liked these things.  Maybe if you
> dropped some chokes on your three-phase lines into your house...
>
> Jeff
>
> Scott Castaline wrote:
>
> >Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >

> >>Anyone messing with these yet:
> >>http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=315808&ref=cj&pfp=cj
> >>
> >>Looks to be a point to point so I couldn't just set up 3 in my house but
> >>could be nice for going upstairs to downstairs.
> >>
> >>Thoughts?
> >>

> >>:wq!
> >>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
> >>
> >>DISCLAIMER:
> >>     These are MY OPINIONS             "We can't solve problems by using
> >>      ALONE.  I speak for                the same kind of thinking we used
> >>      no-one else.                         when we created them."
> >>                                         - Einstein

> >Hmmmmm!!!!!
> >
> >I get the impression that your house wiring would now be a passive hub
> >for networking multiple systems.
> >
> >WEP has been craked in less than 8 hours, I don't recall offhand how
> >many bits of encrytption is in WEP.
> >
> >Your next door neighbor could be eavsdropping on your traffic, how would
> >you put in a fire wall?
> >
> >Scott Castaline

>  ** ACCEPT: CRM114 PASS Markovian Matcher **
> CLASSIFY succeeds; success probability: 1.0000  pR: 91.8131
> Best match to file #0 (nonspam.css) prob: 1.0000  pR: 91.8131
> Total features in input file: 8800
> #0 (nonspam.css): features: 11228229, hits: 136548343, prob: 1.00e+00, pR:  91.81
> #1 (spam.css): features: 4322068, hits: 257037036, prob: 1.54e-92, pR: -91.81

:wq!