[ale] POE?

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Sep 20 13:57:16 EDT 2005

Robert L. Harris wrote:

>Anyone messing with these yet:
>http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=315808&ref=cj&pfp=cj
>
>Looks to be a point to point so I couldn't just set up 3 in my house but
>could be nice for going upstairs to downstairs.
>
>Thoughts?
>

>:wq!
>Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
>
>DISCLAIMER:
>      These are MY OPINIONS             "We can't solve problems by using
>       ALONE.  I speak for                the same kind of thinking we used
>       no-one else.                         when we created them."
>                                          - Einstein

Hmmmmm!!!!!

I get the impression that your house wiring would now be a passive hub
for networking multiple systems.

WEP has been craked in less than 8 hours, I don't recall offhand how
many bits of encrytption is in WEP.

Your next door neighbor could be eavsdropping on your traffic, how would
you put in a fire wall?

Scott Castaline