[ale] OT: Re: BellSouth DSL setup

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Sep 16 11:29:30 EDT 2005

I've been down that road. It winds around, through hill and valley, never
gets anywhere and never gets back to where it started either.

Not in Atlanta, and it was years ago also. Time-Warner came out to put
cable to the house. Three weeks later, time to bury the cable, and they
cut the phone line. Bell South fixed the line within 6 hours or so with a
temporary line on the ground across the back yard. Couple of weeks later,
Bell South sent somebody out to bury their line (you see where this is
going), and cut the Time-Warner cable. Time-Warner came out within a day,
and laid another temp cable across the back yard. Couple weeks later, they
buried their cable and cut Bell South _again_. In all cases, all parties
exercised due caution, searching for, and marking, the location of buried
cables.

As to the exercise of getting Duke Power to fix a buried power line across
the back yard during a renovation effort... Took them four tries to do the
job.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Geoffrey wrote:

> James Sumners wrote:
> > I hate Bellsouth.
>
> On that note...
>
> They finally buried my mother-in-law's dsl cable yesterday.  Problem is,
> they cut her tv cable.  Her BELLSOUTH Entertainment digital tv cable.
>
> Had them come back out and repair the tv cable.  Get this, not only did
> they cut her cable but her neighbor's comcast cable.
>
> So when I told the Bellsouth guy that they needed to get that fixed as
> well, he said the neighbor would have to call comcast.
>
> I told him Bellsouth cut it, they should be responsible for getting it
> repaired.
>
> Then he tells me that he's with BellSouth entertainment and that he
> can't do anything about it, because it was BellSouth Communications who
> cut the cable and they are two different companies!  What a crock.
>
> I told him that he would at least have to tell the neighbor that she
> would have to call comcast.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown