[ale] [OT]: Opinions: MP3/MPEG players?

lyric hartley leeslist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:36:13 EDT 2005

I have a 20g rio karma that i have been very happy with...it does not
have the number of available accessories as ipod but it has features
that i really like...
cradle has ethernet, rca out, and usb 2.0...I keep mine hooked to the
stero with the network cable in ...allows me to add music (ogg...also
supported) from my music server...from sitting at my laptop...it
carries around a java client that can be downloaded from it's tiny
webserver and installed if you want to download/upload music from
somewhere else...the java client is open source and there are some
commandline utitlites available ...so would have some scripting
abiltiy as well (have not gotten into yet)...and yes i use it
exclusivley with linux...i like that it gives me freedom...but there
seem to be many good reasons to go with an ipod as well...just my
2cents