[ale] Problems with a particular nic

Claudia Morlan CMorlan at filink.com
Thu Sep 8 15:26:14 EDT 2005

Problems with a particular nic

Hello all,

We are having occasional problems in a few of our servers that utilize
Niagara 2261 nics from www.interfacemasters.com.  These nics allow us to
fail-open if they lose a heart-beat signal from the server.  They work
fine
for a while but after a week or more the nic will start "bouncing"  ie,
it
will fail-open then go back to normal activity as 2 seperate interfaces.
Does anyone know of any reason why they might be doing this?

The Linux kernel is based on 2.4.23.  If not a reason, any ideas as to
how to further trouble-shoot this issue?  Is there a way I can capture
the "heart-beat" signal going to the nic?  Just thought someone out
there on ALE might have run into similar problems before.

Thanks

Visit us at the 28th Annual BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo, November 15-18, 2005 - Orlando FL!

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If
you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately.
Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies
immediately.