[ale] Sharing non-network-capable printer

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Sep 7 00:03:01 EDT 2005

I found the slowest part  to be getting the windows print spooler to
send the entire file to be printed. *nix systems won't even start the
print Q until the entire file is ready to go. Windows (prior to XP)
wants to send bits at a time and see if it fails first before committing
to the entire process.