[ale] ThinkPad sound working

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 20:17:27 EDT 2005

--- Bob Toxen <transam at verysecurelinux.com> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Do you have the DVD/CD-writing device in your ThinkPad?

Yes, I have the ('dmesg | grep DVD')

 hdc: Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R9012, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
 hdc: ATAPI 24X DVD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048KB Cache, UDMA(33)

I also have all these softlinks to /dev/hdc:
    /dev/cdrom
    /dev/cdrw
    /dev/dvd

With Debian Stable, I am using sound-juicer to rip CDs, and soon hope to be
back to a stable version of NeroLinux.

hth,

-Jim P.