[ale] CUPS problems on Debian Etch

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Fri Sep 2 12:42:59 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 08:16:54PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jim Seymour wrote:
>

> I used to have a similar problem with an old epson of mine.  The only
> way I could kill the output to the printer was to kill a process that
> was running on the box.  I can't quite remember what it was, but try
> running something like:
>
> ps aux|grep printer
>
> or
>
> ps aux|grep lpr
>

> Post your output and maybe it'll jog my memory.

I decided to give up for right now on the envelope as I have to move on
to other projects. I will try the suggestions when I get a chance to go
back into it.

Many Thanks,

Jim Seymour
--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.