[ale] HOW2 search for text in a "PDF" file ?

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Sep 2 09:22:30 EDT 2005

Hey Courtney,

   On the Free as in Beer side, try the "new" Adobe 7.x Reader for Linux.  It can search all *.pdf files in a directory, albeit not from the command line.

   Role you own search tool using the Adobe 7.0 Reader SDK for Linux. (requires a license to redistribute)

   On the high end, there is the IBM Library Server for Multiplatforms. (commercial)

   And of course all the pdf2/toanythingyouplease command line tools everyone else has already mentioned.

--
 From Downunder, and little to the left....
   Keith