[ale] CUPS problems on Debian Etch

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Thu Sep 1 19:59:05 EDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 07:00:08PM -0400, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2005 06:05 pm, Jim Seymour wrote:
> |  I deleted the jobs and the printer is now going
> | to cycle about 500 pages of a little gibberish at the top of the
> | page.This problem has occurred with several of the programs on my system.
> | Help! Ideas.
>
> I can help you tame the printer.  When it starts doing this,
> pop the paper tray and when the current sheet feeds through, turn off
> the power. Wait two-three minutes and then turn the power back on.
> That will clear the printer's memory.

Thanks Sean,

I even unplugged the printer the other day and couldn't stop the mess.
All of the jobs were cancelled in the CUPS system as well. This is a
little ol' Epson Stylus Color 740. It did stop it this time though :-)
Still having problems getting openoffice to print the envelope and
letter though. Keeps leaving off the envelope address and then prints
half the letter and stops cold :-(

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM advertised
OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from OS/2 v4 to Linux.