[ale] TB in an external firewire drive

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:19:03 EDT 2005

On 9/1/05, Robert L. Harris <Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net> wrote:

> 5MB?
>
> C64 with an external 5.25" and a TAPE. I remember getting REAL excited
> when I could re-notch it and double the storage. Then the 3.5" drives
> let us REALLY up the storage on the BBS.
>
> Before that was a sinclair but that didn't "really" have external
> storage, just the carts.

I was sticking to "rigid disk" storage. I started out with very slow 8"
floppies for storage. 90KB?

I remember being very excited when we bought a dual 8" floppy drive pair for
$2200, dual density, double sided. I've forgot who made them, but the
standard at the time was worm drive controlled heads. The ones we bought
were moved by magnetic heads (like a speaker). Ultra fast. (whatever that
meant at the time.) The 5MB harddisk was a upgrade a year or two later.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group