[ale] proftpd & symbolic links

lost.sync lost.sync at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 20:57:49 EDT 2005

Hello.

I'm pretty new to GNU/Linux and am really enjoying my experience.  Also,
first time poster, so I hope this isn't too basic or whatever.

Essentially, I wanted to share some files with a friend of mine via ftp
(proftpd).  I set him up an account and created a symbolic link to the
directory containing the files I wanted him to have access to within his
home directory.  The server itself is working great and doing exactly what
I want except that if he issues a CDUP, it takes him to the parent of the
linked folder, not back to his home folder.  Is there some way to make it
bounce him (and all other users) back to ~ when they leave a linked
directory?

Thank you,

J. Morris