[ale] Automated ripping...

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 18 23:01:09 EDT 2005

David,
I use Grip and it requires that you put the CD in the drive and click on
the button to start ripping and encoding.  That is all.  It ejects when
finished.  I then pop in another, it auto looks up the data from CDDB
and I click rip/encode and so on.  It organizes by artist and album.
Juk, XMMS, and Amarok read the .m3u files and will let me pick and
choose what I want to listen to.  It uses cdparanoia for the ripping and
oggenc for encoding.  Comes in SUSE, I know.
Dow