[ale] Slow connection on Cisco Switch

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Oct 14 10:03:28 EDT 2005

Okay.

I'm connected to the switch.

6w2d: %LINK-4-ERROR: FastEthernet0/8 is experiencing errors
Switch#show interface FastEthernet0/8
FastEthernet0/8 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is Fast Ethernet, address is 0006.531f.8908 (bia
0006.531f.8908)
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
     reliability 253/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
  Keepalive not set
  Auto-duplex (Half), Auto Speed (100), 100BaseTX/FX
  ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
  Last input never, output 00:00:00, output hang never
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops
     3793529 packets input, 3007993828 bytes
     0 watchdog, 0 multicast
     4792645 packets output, 649608952 bytes, 0 underruns
     0 babbles, 11694 late collision, 19773 deferred
     0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

It looks like the port is set for half.  I've changed ports and I've
changed cables.  Is there a way to set the port to FD and see if that
helps?  Maybe the RH box is running at FD?