[ale] INSTALL FEST: ! Date Update ! (conflicts)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Oct 13 12:46:00 EDT 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 19:08, Randal Jarrett (K4RSJ) wrote:
> This date has a conflict with another event, the Lawrenceville hamfest
> which will be drawing most of the amateur radio operators in the area.
>
> Randy

Thanks for the notice, as I know there are a few super geeks in the group who
are also amateur radio fans (I was briefly one myself and still have my FCC
First Class license in one file cabinet or another...).

Unfortunately, we have to weight the Install Fest date decision on the
availability of the venue and the generous hosts who have to be there to
monitor it. I'm afraid that, at this point, we'll have to live with the
conflict and leave any dual interest, "ham on linux" fans to pick an event or
do half a day at each.

peace
aaron

> On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 14:14 +0000, aaron wrote:
>
> > Due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, we have had
> > to move the date for the next ALE Install fest.
> >
> > The Fall 2005 ALE Install Fest is now scheduled (and confirmed) for
> >    Saturday, November 5, 9:30am to 5:00pm
> >
> > Thanks to the continuing support of Harold Bieber and Ben Chapman,
> > we will once again be holding the event at the familiar and comfortable
> >    Emory University School of Law, Agnor Room (3rd floor)
[snip]