[ale] Enterprise Linux's

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Oct 11 10:22:07 EDT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 09:04 -0400, Scott Castaline wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth, in my travels, I've met people (Americans) who
> > didn't know where Atlanta is.
>
> There are kids at my daughters high school (Tucker) that couldn't tell
> you what state they live in. We are truly screwed.

Emotionally, I agree. I hate the level of intellectual incompetence that
seems to run rampant in society at this time. 'Course I've been irritated
by that for a large portion of my 50 years so nothing new there. And my
parents report much the same over much of their lives. I cann't chase it
back further within the family since they have all departed.

Intellectually then, I guess I have to assert that not much has changed
over at least the past half century and probably longer. Time to relax,
watch a pretty sunset, enjoy a beer, and then get back to work trying to
improve our portion of the damned human race.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown