[ale] SATA RAID Card for 2.6

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Oct 6 17:18:12 EDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 04:59:30PM -0400, G B wrote:
> I'd been monkeying with a "Promise SATA RAID" card all day trying to get it
> to work with Suse Enterprise9 to no avail. The card is on its way back to
> the dealer so I'm looking for another card. Anyway, can anyone recommend a
> card that works with well with kernel 2.6 or specifically Suse Ent. 9? The
> former card list Suse 9 in it's compatibility list but I guess it's really
> for Suse 9 pro.

What RAID level?

If you're after RAID-5, the 3Ware 9000-series.

They're still probably the best ATA RAID cards you can get, and their
linux support is rock-solid.

The 3Ware 8500-series is the SATA variant of the PATA 7500-series.  The
9000-series adds gobs more cache and is generally MoreBetter(tm).

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        				 ICQ: 1318344
Melbourne, FL