[ale] inexpensive mp3 players

Cy Kurtz ckurtz11 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 21:23:34 EDT 2005

Hey, all, thanks for the input. I bought a SanDisk 256Mb mp3 player from
Staples. It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles, I'm sure, but
I'm happy with it. Cost? $55.00 I bought the extended service thingie
for $7.99 also. I usually don't do that, but I hope to get a lot of use
out of this thing.

It showed up automagically on /dev/sdb1 as soon as I plugged it
in(Mandrake 10.1) and copying to it was just a matter of drag and drop.
Cool!

I have an audio book(Sacred Stone - by Clive Cussler) that I'm listening
to right now. It's reading the book backwards(chapter 7, then 6, etc.)
but I'm sure that's just because I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks again for the input,

Cy Kurtz