[ale] [Re]Configuring X11 on SuSE-9.3

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 30 13:04:58 EST 2005

On Wed Nov 30, 2005 08:29AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On 11/29/05, Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
> > John Mills wrote:
> > > ALErs -
> > >
> > > I have a new SuSE-9.3 installation on an old Gateway 2000, and it is
> > > refusing to start X-Windows with an error message: "No Screen Section",
> > > pointing squarely at XF86Config, I assume.
> > >
> > > My question: How can I bootstrap the display, or configure XFree, starting
> > > from a text screen (runlevel 3)?
> >
> > startx
> >
> If that wont work, run sax2 from the command prompt.
>
> I have one machine I have to force sax2 into a low res mode to run, so
> I use "sax2 600x800".
>
> FYI:  I think sax2 is SUSE specific?

Yes, it stands for SuSE advanced
 X Window System-configuration

--
Cheers,
Trey

Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas"
until you are told that those rooms are "punched out".  Once punched
out, we have a right to complain about atrocities, missing bazingas,
and such.
		-- N. Meyrowitz

Linux chameleon 2.6.13-15-default i686 GNU/Linux
  1:03pm  up   6:00,  4 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.41, 0.40