[ale] Dell laptop service?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Nov 29 03:33:35 EST 2005

Rob wrote:
> There are times that you forget to renew your warranty and end up with
> problems. It is not unusual, and im not suggesting that people use this as
> their main line of defense. I simply stated that this is a backup option.

 From a legal standpoint, it's the same thing whether you 'forget' or do
it from the get go intentionally.

> As I stated, keeping your warranty in order works better.  I didn't say that
> people should just go without a warranty until they need it. I suggested
> that in the event you mess up and forget to renew, you can have a warranty
> applied after the date that the previous warranty expires, in most cases.

Right, but you did suggest to get a warranty extension after you had the
problem.

> And for the record, my moms laptop was kept under warranty, it probably
> sounded the other way from the way I worded things.

Yes it did, although you did suggest it as an option, regardless of
whether you did it yourself.

> What I meant to suggest
> is that by keeping everything in line, when something does go wrong, you can
> get it handled quickly and efficiently instead of having to go through all
> the trouble of finding spare parts on the net.  When someone has a problem,
> all avenues should be investigated. That is what I have done. I tried to be
> too short on my last message, hopefully this one will better explain my
> intent.

Your orginal posting:

'For anyone who has a laptop with issues...call in and request a
warranty renewal, then 30 days later, when the new warranty is in
effect, call them with the problem you are having and state that it just
started'

Seems pretty clear to me what your intention was.  We likely should drop
this thread...

--
Until later, Geoffrey