[ale] Vonage and Modems

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Nov 17 22:39:46 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 22:27 -0500, Grant Robertson wrote:
> You can do low speed dial up(9.6k or 14.4 from what I understand)
> connections over vonage, but I don't know how reliable it is. I also
> understand that the vonage "Fax" lines are somehow better for this,
> but I have no idea what the real difference is.

Then it won't work for me.  It has to be reliable because we'll have
many  devices dialing into our server at E-Deltacomm reporting errors to
our software.   We can get one phone line free but we have to pay for
the extra.  I'm hoping that we never grow past 8 because I'll have to
install another modem board in the server.