[ale] Booting with 'alternative' FSs (Was: Aww... This is sad...)

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:55:33 EST 2005

Geoffrey wrote:

> I've not been following the thread, so my apologizes.  I assume you're
> referring to Slack, I thought the install provided an optional 2.6
> kernel from 10.1.  I've got it here somewhere, just can't locate it at
> this time.

Yeah, sort of.  Not on installation.  It's in the /testing directory on
one of the CD-ROMs in the install set.

10.2 has the option to let you run the install disc using a 2.6 kernel,
but I don't know if it lets you *install* it... More specifically, it
installs the kernel, but zero of the kernel modules, which makes it
pointless.  Besides, I don't like how Patrick builds the kernels,
anyway.  :-P

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                      fd0man at gmail.com