[ale] Booting with 'alternative' FSs (Was: Aww... This is sad...)

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 22:05:33 EST 2005

James P. Kinney III wrote:

> SATA has been back-ported to 2.4.2something (2.4.25 and up I think.
> Not running any more 2.4.x kernels)

Yeah... I don't like running them either.  I really like 2.6's ability
to tweak the settings for timers and such to avoid some of the apparent
latency problems on heavier-loaded machines (e.g., the ones that I have
that have very weak CPUs).  Eventually I'll get around to using it
full-time on my primary desktop, but only when I have the time to
properly debug the driver for my TV tuner card, or, when they get the
driver for my TV tuner card working properly.  At the moment, it only
works well enough to see that the card is present, and that it should
load; other then that, it returns nothing- no video, no sound, and no FM
radio.

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                      fd0man at gmail.com