[ale] OT: Migrating off dying HDD

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Nov 14 13:08:49 EST 2005

Put the thing on an IDE->laptop adapter in a computer with the case
open.  Get a can of the dust-off stuff from compusa.  Flip the can
upside down and every couple secs pop it with a blast of cold air.  If
you can keep it running for any durration this way use rsync to copy the
files off the drive so you can progressively get more.

Thus spake John Mills (johnmills at speakeasy.net):