[ale] Live CD to drop on my Dad's computer over thanksgiving?

Joshua Kite jwkite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:23:09 EST 2005

Maybe I've been attributing sluggishness to the wrong thing, but I assumed
that the RAM disk also made a difference. Doesn't that lead to full memory
and making more use of the swap file?

Again, I'm not knocking Knoppix or any other live CD. It's just not always a
fair representation of how the system will operate with a full install.