[ale] Live CD to drop on my Dad's computer over thanksgiving?

Joshua Kite jwkite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 10:17:58 EST 2005

I've enjoyed Knoppix as a rescue CD. It's fine for a demo, but it's
important to let anyone who's looking at it understand that it's a system
hog and will run better once installed.

You might also want to give Ubuntu's liveCD a try. I haven't looked at that,
but the last time I tried Ubuntu it seemed to have a nicer sheen than
Knoppix. I personally use Xandros Open Circulation Edition, as I've found it
to be the easiest in terms of integrating with the Windows machines which I
have no choice but to use.