[ale] Aww... This is sad...

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 20:55:27 EST 2005

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Not terribly sad news, nor completely unexpected for two reasons:  1)
> The linux community jumped on them like they were thieves when they
> first started using Linux (GPL issues).  2) The new software runs in 1/2
> the memory and 1/2 the flash than the older versions.
>
> The v4s are still plentiful, you just have to look for them (CompUSA on
> Cobb pkwy still had several a few weeks ago).
>
> -Jim P.

*shrugs*

I can see their reason for doing it... I just would think, though, that
if they were going to switch, it'd be better to stay in the same "genre"
of system; any of one's pick of *BSD runs on virtually anything, and a
base install is *tiny* compared to a "base" install of virtually any
given Linux distribution.

	- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                      fd0man at gmail.com