[ale] Mail filters in kontact

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 11 18:50:13 EST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 17:34, Nathan J. Underwood wrote:
> thanks for the quick response, but I don't think I did a good job of
> explaining the issue.  I can create filters that will put messages on a
> local folder, but can't figure out how to make it put them on an IMAP
> folder (the mailinglist/ale is an IMAP folder).  Thunderbird and
> Evolution give me the option, but I've not been able to find it (yet) in
> Kontact / Korganizer / Kmail.

I came across a thread from the kde-linux mailing list that dealt with this
question. The ultimate answer was this:

"kmail doesn't filter IMAP inbox automatically.
you should use disconnected IMAP or filter mail directly on the
IMAP-server (via procmail, e.g.)."

This was from one of the developers, so I take it as gospel.