[ale] RAID recovery

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Nov 11 16:16:43 EST 2005

On Fri November 11 2005 2:56 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> Oh, but I think I do. :) ? Back when I was working for AT&T, I
> worked with a fun group of pure geeks. ?Anyway, you didn't dare
> leave your workstation without locking it, even for a cup of coffee,
> because when you got back, things just wouldn't work just right. :)
but you never caught me, did you ??<G>
I always liked to mv their .profile somewhere, do something stupid,
then move it back, so they couldn't see what had happened..
eventually, they had to put a password on their screensavers.
One new guy put his laptop in the back seat of a rental car, went in
someplace for a cup of coffee, and it was gone when he came out. No
backups, and a lot of secure data went missing. I used to back up all
the servers every night, but the desktops and laptops was up to them
to copy data to the servers....

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800